And Ramadan is nearly halfway finished. I can never believe how quickly time passes!!
One of the nice things is spending lots of extra time at the masjid with families and friends I haven’t seen in a long time. This also includes kids who are beginning to talk, able to walk/run, and overall say things that are downright hilarious. I’ve been writing down some of the funny things being said to me this month and thought I’d share 🙂 Enjoy!!
1. Little girl: “The Olympics are boring because they didn’t invite me to sing!”
2. Little boy: “Don’t yawn!!!” and ran away laughing when half of the group started yawning. I’ll bet you’re yawning now, too 🙂
3. Little boy: “I want to eat fruit, not caaaaaaaaaake!!!!!!!!!!”
4. Little girl: “Alhamdulillah (praise God) for donuts!” (MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY)
5. Little girl to me: “I think you’re pretty because you can wear makeup and don’t” (this is by far one of the nicest compliments I’ve ever received)
6. Little boy: “I think I’m going to eat my dinner before my dessert today because I will get too hyper!”
7. Little girl: “Chicken is my best friend!! We had some at home but my mom cooked them for dinner.”
8. Little girl to me: “Why are you so white? ARE YOU A VAMPIRE LIKE IN MY SISTER’S BOOKS?!” Sigh.
9. Little girl: “Don’t put crayons on my face because my mom said I can’t wear makeup!”
10. Little boy: “All ladies are boring except you!” Bless you, child
11. Little boy: “I’m the fastest prayer-er in the world!” (meaning he can pray faster than anyone else, haha)
12. Little boy to his mom: “I spilled something in the playroom and need you to clean it up so I can play!”
13. Little girl: “Come color with me! I need you to color the parts I don’t like”
14. Little girl: “That banana needs to be fixed!’ It was green, haha!
15. Little boy: “ICE CREAM IS THE MOST DELICIOUS FOOD IN THE WORLD!” I agree, young one… I agree (Ice cream is amazing)!
16. Little boy: “If you give me candy I will marry you in 100 years!” Hahahaha this one made me laugh like crazy.
17. Little girl: “You’re a teacher?? How come you don’t teach at my school?! I’m telling my mom on you that you’re not my teacher!”
18. Little boy: “You don’t play video games? What else is there to do for fun?” Me: “I love reading, and when I was little I would play outside.” Little boy: “Does that mean you were a nerd?” Yes, child, it does.. but I’m proud of it 🙂
I think that’s enough for now!! I’ll do another post if/when I hear more. In the meanwhile, be sure to enjoy your Ramadan and check out my previous posts here: The fasting feast of Ramadan and You’re eating what?. And as always, enjoy some pictures 🙂